Nothing kills the buzz of a good snow day off like hearing that one of your co-workers courageously made it into the office to take care of business. Not to mention the fact that she has more business than you at the moment. Rats.
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
I was just telling my co-workers, "I had this dream, where I had to get these routine transfusions of some kind, but the hospital was on a boat, and our boss was the captain, and then there was a hurricane..." Imagine my shame this morning when I saw this cartoon on one of my usual webcomics! Oops!
"... Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith..." Hebrews 12:1-2 (NIV)
WOW! Saturday, January 29 was the final day of my Daniel Fast. I am so thankful that I did it, and I am also glad it is over. I have gotten a lot out of this experience.
What I learned about God:
- He's shown me new levels of His faithfulness and power
- He loves me, and wants me to grow stronger in Him
- He provides help and sustenance when it doesn't seem possible
- I can effectively practice self-discipline... when I seek God's help
- I can survive without having the foods I want
- Caffeine, processed carbs, and sugar really had a hold on me
- I'm excited to have my usual foods again, but I'm just as eager to be able to exercise moderation with these foods