Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thing #2

I really enjoyed the slideshow on The 7 1/2 Habits of Lifelong Learners, available here.  I personally have no intention of ever ceasing to learn!  Of the 7 1/2 habits detailed, all made sense, but some I found to be easier, and some more difficult.

The easiest one for me would be Habit #5: creating a learning toolbox.  Doesn't that just sound like fun?  It does to me!  My treehouse has two lovely built-in bookshelves, which I take great pleasure in stuffing with volumes of all sorts.  I'm also a frequent student of TCU's Extended Education Department: I've taken courses in bellydance, copperplate calligraphy, book collecting...

The hardest habit for this treehouse-dweller would be the very first one: begin with the end in mind.  I suppose that would make me a true dilettante, as I usually learn just for the fun of it, without any specific goal or objective.  Now that I think about it, it was an accomplishment in itself when I decided to focus all my running efforts towards completing a half-marathon this November!  Goal-setting is a habit I must definitely develop, especially if I'm going to teach school!

So there you have it.  Stay tuned this summer for more Texas Treehouse fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment