Friday, November 20, 2009

A sigh of relief, 11 months in the making


Whhhheeeeewwww!

I did it.

11 months since being laid off from my job, I finally secured full-time employment yesterday afternoon.

I will be a science tutor at a middle school where I have been subbing and observing. My heart is filled with a lovely mixture of thankfulness, excitement, and just plain-ol' relief! I start 2 weeks after Thanksgiving. I'll get to be in the classroom with the same teacher every day. This will enable me to get to know the kids, their learning styles, etc.

At the department chair's recommendation, I met with the principal yesterday. In a matter of minutes, he hired me and had the district begin my paperwork. He then introduced me to the vice principal who oversees the science department specifically. She was nice, had a good handshake, and- like me- was wearing pearls! I chose to take that as a good sign. As I walked away from them, it was hard to keep myself from breaking into a skip. I made it to my car just in time, bursting out a prayer of, "ThankyouGodthankyouthankyouthankyou!" as I clutched the steering wheel.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I new it would happen soon. I'm very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have managed to lose this post twice before publishing! Amazing emphasis on the ZING! Think of all you have accomplished and discovered during your long wait. I know it has been worth the wait, every second. Love you, MOM

    ReplyDelete