Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow Day? Hooray!


(a view from my treehouse)

As I write this, I am sipping some hot chocolate, topped with a cobblestone-esque layer of marshmallows. It is still snowing here in FW, as it has been all day.

My day began with me skidding my way to school, cursing my district for being open. I made it in safely, and on time. My students (the ones who showed up, anyway!) were all so excited. Any kids who had classes in the portable buildings, or in rooms even near a door, snatched up the opportunity to scurry outside and pelt their classmates with snowballs. Anyone walking outside would have seen every window filled with eager faces.

I logged onto the district's website around 3 this afternoon. Tomorrow, there would be no school! Hoo-frickin'-ray! This let me hatch a nice little plot: If the roads are okay by tomorrow afternoon, I could surprise my sweetness at the airport when he arrives home from Paris!

I hope I'm able to do this. And, I hope you all have a fun, safe, and toasty-warm snow day!

ADDENDUM: The weatherman tells me that this was the snowiest day on record in Dallas/Fort Worth history: 7.9" of lovely snow!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you can enjoy the rest of your history-breaking snowfall at home! And on a Friday to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm! I did enjoy a day off but now the price to pay. A week of wetness(hard on the septic system, pet comins and goins, shoes, cars, and RECESS). A delayed Valentine party at school must be had. One day behind on the new week before it starts. So I started today with an hour of WItennisizing, and some vigorous cleaning including the shower doors! Add to that a healthy lunch, a game of Solitaire, and the 2 o'clock viewing of Wolfman and perhaps the lapse of Snow Day A Mania will resurface.

    ReplyDelete