I remember reading once that the Orthodox Jewish man begins his day with a prayer that includes thanking God for not having made him a woman. At the time, I felt indignant. Snubbed. However, I can now say that I thank God for His having made me a woman. In fact, there are things I absolutely love about being female.
Before I detail them, I should clear something up. To say something about one's "sex" is biological, i.e. what anatomy you have. To say something about one's "gender" is sociological, i.e. what your culture defines each sex's role to be. I realize that this list is gender-based. Not only that, it's Treehouse-Dweller-based. I don't believe, or expect, these things to be true for all women. They're true of me, and that's all.
Ladies, comment with your favorite things about being female!
10. Blushing from receiving compliments
9. The skillful application of mascara: between the treacherous grounds of poking oneself in the eye and smearing black goo on one's face
8. Teetering about in high heels (yes, I know they are "bad for you," but they do something almost magical for my posture, and therefore, my confidence)
7. Lip gloss
6. Being faced each morning with the decision: "Which perfume will I wear today?"
5. Having doors held open, chairs pulled out, and heavy bags carried- to me, this isn't anti-feminist, it's chivalry
4. Feeling that it's perfectly acceptable for me to coo, swoon, squeal, giggle, and get misty-eyed over silly things
3. The catharsis of a good cry
2. Surprising others with grace and strength under pressure
1. Being zipped into a dress that fits like a glove